Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mya Interview: Chellea Magazine (K.I.S.S Release)

Grammy Award winning singer/actress, Mya has just released her new K.I.S.S (Keep It Sexy and Simple) album today, and she gave Freddy Angel from Chellea Magazine all of the details.

Here's the scoop:

Chellea Magazine caught up with Mya this past Saturday upon her red carpet arrival at Aizia Nightclub in Hollywood, Florida. 

Make sure to get your K.I.S.S (US/Canada) album today, available directly on iTunes




Pictures from Majestic Saturdays are also available on our gallery at www.allthescoopmedia.com - Here is Freddy's entire interview with Mya:

(Chellea Magazine)
"So what brings you to Miami, are you working on any future projects here?"

(Mya)
Tonight I’m actually hosting Majestic Saturday Nights at Aizia, here in Hollywood, Florida, and I’m celebrating my girlfriend, Tatiana’s birthday. We’ve been working together for a while at my foundation, as well as brand management. It’s her birthday weekend and we’re going to party it up in the best city (Mya chuckles), my favorite city in the U.S – Miami.

(Chellea Magazine)
It’s also my favorite city in the world as well, just so you know (Freddy Chuckles), that’s kind of what happened to me too by the way. I read all about K.I.S.S and I know that it has already been released in Japan, how different is it from the US/Canada edition, and when can we expect a release date?"

(Mya)
On the Japanese version there are some different songs that actually cater to their market, it’s called J-Pop, and I stripped some songs off for the U.S/Canada release, so you’ll have some brand new songs, as well as bonuses on this upcoming album, and it’s going to be released initially on iTunes December 20th. The first three singles have already dropped, and I’m going to be making it available physically through Amazon.com, and the myamya.com store online.

(Chellea Magazine)
"Perfect, I know that your first single titled “Earthquake” is featuring Trina, and your club banger, “Somebody Come Get This Bitch” is also featuring Stacie & Lacie - will you be collaborating or working with any other artists on K.I.S.S?"

(Mya)
Yes! I actually have quite a few artists, Marques Houston and I have teamed up for an R&B ballad, a slow-jam/2-step number. Spice from Jamaica, the hottest dance hall female artist, we did a song together with Junior Sanchez, called "Take Him Out", it’s pretty much about taking out the trash; and I actually have a surprise feature from the islands as well, on the physical version that I haven’t announced yet and I’m not going to tell you the song. (Freddy chuckles). Sean Paul is also on the album, so we have quite a lot of force on here.

(Chellea Magazine)
We at Chellea Magazine love surprises (Mya chuckles), we love Sean Paul, and we love you as well, so let’s go to the fourth question - would you say that K.I.S.S is your comeback album?”

(Mya)
K.I.S.S is not my come back album, this is just an appetizer for fans for what is to come, but I want to make it available for my U.S fans who weren’t really able to download it in April. They’ve been kind of pissed off at me (Mya chuckles) for doing all of these albums in Japan, but it’s now available as of 12/20”.

(Chellea Magazine)
On 12/20! Thank you so much Mya, it was a pleasure meeting you, I know that you have to go take more pictures and do your thing, I hope to see you in VIP, have a nice night!”

(Mya)
Happy holidays to you

(Chellea Magazine)
Happy holidays to you as well sweetie

(Mya)
Do you like Somebody Come Get This Bitch?”

(Chellea Magazine)
I love somebody come get this bitch, it’s such a club banger!”

No comments:

Post a Comment